Points of single contact
The Points of Single Contact work as part of a European network (covering the EU and the EEA) to provide business-friendly access to administrative services. They can give you all the information you need about the requirements for starting and running a business.
The Point of Single Contact network is comprised of a number of electronic portals and personal points of contact.
The services provided by the Points of Single Contact include:
- information on the requirements and procedures for starting and operating a business in Germany, including details of associated fees and any documentation to be submitted;
- information on the requirements and procedures for getting professional qualifications recognised in Germany, including associated fees and any documentation to be submitted;
- electronic completion of administrative procedures for starting and running a business, or practising a profession.
- The service is aimed at entrepreneurs, companies and people applying to have their professional qualifications recognised in Germany and the EU/EEA, including people from non-member countries.
As an EU citizen, you have a legal right to the services provided by the Points of Single Contact . This right is set out in the EU Services Directive and the EU Directive on the Recognition of Professional Qualifications. In addition, the Points of Single Contact are assistance and problem-solving services under the EU Single Digital Gateway Regulation (SDGR).
For information about Points of Single Contact in other EU Member-States, go here.
Further information can also be found on the portals of the Point of Single Contact of the federal states.
Federal States that do not charge fees:
Federal States that charge fees:
NB : You will be charged the standard fees for completing relevant procedures in addition to any processing fee for services provided by the Point of Single Contact . The amount of these fees will vary depending on the administrative procedure being carried out. You can find more information about this in the applicable terms of reference.
All common payment methods are generally supported. Full details can be found on the portals for the Point of Single Contact in each Federal State.
- on internet portals: immediately
- email enquiries: usually no longer than 3 days
Completion of procedures:
Processing time varies depending on the individual procedure, and is stated in the relevant process description.
For provision of information: The services provided by the Point of Single Contact are available in German or English. Individual Point of Single Contact may offer services in other languages.
For the completion of procedures: German