Education Package Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Parents can apply for additional support for their children, for example for excursions, school trips or lunch in schools or daycare centers.
The aim of the education package is to enable children from financially weak families to participate in necessary educational opportunities and to ensure social participation. Parents have the opportunity to apply from the state for additional financial support for their children. Recipients of unemployment benefit II, social assistance, housing benefit, child supplement or benefits under the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act have a legal right to this support.
The following areas are funded/subsidised:
- The participation of children and young people before the age of 18 in social and cultural life, e.B. in the sports club or in the music school, is funded with 15 euros per month.
- The equipment with personal school supplies is funded with 154.50 euros annually (103 euros for the first, 51.50 euros for the second half of the school year).
- Costs are assumed for supplementary appropriate learning support insofar as this is necessary for the achievement of defined learning objectives.
- For one-day trips to schools and daycare centers, the costs will be reimbursed in the actual amount.
- For school trips lasting several days within the framework of school law regulations, the costs are covered in the actual amount.
- The costs for the communal lunch catering of pupils, children in schools, day-care centres and after-school care centres are covered in the actual amount.
- The costs for the necessary actual expenses for student monthly tickets will be borne in full, unless the costs are covered by third parties.
Information on any necessary documents can be obtained from the competent authority.
Applications or forms can be obtained from the competent authority.
Further information on the education package can be found on the website of the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS).
BMAS - Education Package
- § 28 Social Code (SGB) Second Book (II) - Basic security for jobseekers,
- § 34 Social Code (SGB) Twelfth Book (XII) - Social Assistance,
- § 6b Federal Child Benefit Act (BKGG) and
- § 3 Abs. 3 Asylbewerberleistungsgesetz (AsylbLG).
§ 28 SGB II
§ 34 SGB XII
§ 6b BKGG
§ 3 AsylbLG
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available