Business permit required: Permission to continue operations by a substitute

If the licence to operate a business has been withdrawn (subject to authorisation), the competent authority may, on request, authorise the continuation of the business by a deputy.

If your licence to operate a business subject to a licence has been withdrawn due to unreliability, the competent authority may, at your request, allow you to continue the business by a representative who offers the guarantee of proper management of the business.

The deputy must meet the requirements prescribed for the relevant trade.

Permission may be granted for a limited period of time and with ancillary provisions.

  • identity card or passport,
  • where applicable, extract from the register of trade, associations or cooperatives,
  • if applicable, certificate of good conduct/extract from the Central Trade Register,
  • where applicable, craft card,
  • if applicable, proof of fairground liability insurance.


A distinction must be made between the trade ban and the operating ban in accordance with § 16 (3) of the Crafts Code (HwO).

  • §§ 35 Abs. 2, 45 Gewerbeordnung (GewO),
  • Landesverordnung über Verwaltungsgebühren (Allgemeiner Gebührentarif) Tarifstelle 11.11.3 - VwGebV.

Related Links

  • GewO
  • VwGebV SH

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available