Travel trade: Exemption from the travel trade card obligation Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Some activities in the travel industry are license-free or, in special exceptional cases, can be exempted from the permit upon application.

In principle, anyone who wants to operate a travel business needs a special permit (travel trade card).

Some activities are exempt from the travel trade card obligation. These include, for example:

  • the distribution of self-derived products from agriculture, forestry, vegetables, fruit and horticulture,
  • the pursuit of a travel business in the commune of one's own place of residence or establishment, if the municipality does not have more than 10 000 inhabitants,
  • the distribution of food or other goods for daily use from a mobile point of sale, where distribution takes place at regular, shorter intervals in the same place;
  • the offering of printed works for sale on public paths, streets, squares or other public places.

Irrespective of the exemption from the travel trade card requirement, the competent authority may allow exceptions to the requirement of a travel trade card for special sales events.

  • § 55a Abs. 2 Gewerbeordnung (GewO),
  • General administrative regulation for the enforcement of Title III of the Industrial Code (ReisegewVwV).

Related Links

  • § 55a GewO
  • TravelGewVwV

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available