Trade legitimation card

Anyone who works abroad for a company based within the scope of the Trade Code can apply for a trade legitimation card.

For persons domiciled in Germany or abroad who wish to do business abroad for a company with its registered office within the scope of the Trade Code, a trade legitimation card can be issued on request.

For the issuance, return or revocation of the trade legitimation card, the regulations of the travel trade card apply.

For the application for the trade legitimation card, the form for the trade legitimation card provided by the Bundesdruckerei must be used. This corresponds to the model provided for in the intergovernmental treaties. Documents are:

  • identity card or passport,
  • where applicable, extract from the commercial register, register of associations or cooperative register,
  • if applicable, certificate of good conduct/extract from the Central Trade Register,
  • where applicable, craft card,
  • if applicable, proof of fairground liability insurance.


It should be noted that no guarantee can be given for the recognition of the trade legitimation card abroad.

  • § 55b Abs. 2 Gewerbeordnung (GewO),
  • General administrative regulation for the enforcement of Title III of the Industrial Code (ReisegewVwV),
  • Landesverordnung über Verwaltungsgebühren (Allgemeiner Gebührentarif) Tarifstelle 11.7.6 - VwGebV.

Related Links

  • § 55b GewO
  • ReisegewVwV
  • VwGebV

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available