Recognition of training organisers for dangerous goods officers
If you would like to carry out training courses for dangerous goods officers, you must be recognised as a training organiser by the locally responsible Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
For this purpose, an application to the IHK responsible for you is required. In the application you must, among other things,
- indicate the extent of recognition (road transport, inland waterway transport, rail transport, maritime transport);
- Attach a timetable for each part of the course
- indicate the existing teaching material, illustrative material;
As a course organizer, you must have the necessary premises for the implementation of the theoretical teaching units of the partly practical parts of the course as well as the necessary training material. In addition, your teaching staff must be professionally and pedagogically qualified.
The responsible Chamber of Industry and Commerce can inspect your premises and teaching materials. The Chamber of Industry and Commerce can also contact the persons specified by you as teachers in order to arrange appointments for supplementary assessment interviews if necessary.
If the requirements are met, the recognition is confirmed by a recognition notice from the locally responsible IHK. This shows for which modes of transport you are allowed to carry out training.
Curriculum/model lesson plan (timetable) for the requested training courses with the following information:
- Lesson scheduling (with breaks)
- Topic to be dealt with including the planned time approaches
- Type of lesson (e.B lecture, teaching discussion, technical media, film lecture, exercises)
Documents of the teachers employed as proof of professional and methodological aptitude
- Professional career
- Proof of general knowledge of dangerous goods transport law
- Proof of special knowledge for the respective training parts
- Proof of the ability to impart knowledge in an adult-friendly manner
- Presentation of a valid training certificate for the mode(s) of transport to be trained
- Declaration of readiness to carry out the speaker's activity
If necessary, further documents according to the specifications of your IHK
- Forms: Application according to the specifications of the responsible IHK
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: yes (especially when checking the speaker qualification)
- Suitable premises and facilities
- Suitable teaching material
- Qualified teaching staff
§ 5 paragraph 2 Dangerous Goods Transport Act (GGBefG)
§ 5 Ordinance on Dangerous Goods Officers (GbV)
§ 7 Para 1 GbV Dangerous Goods Officer Ordinance (GbV)
You first apply for recognition as a training organiser to your local Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).
- The IHK first examines the submitted documents such as curricula and teaching materials.
- If necessary, representatives of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce visit the teaching institution and check its suitability on site. If necessary, assessment interviews with the teaching staff take place.
- After examination of documents and teaching venue, you will receive a notification of recognition from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
After your training facility has been recognized, you may offer courses for dangerous goods officers within the scope of the permit.
Responsible for the content
Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce
Last update or date of publication