Approvals of establishments and establishments for intra-Community marketing under the Internal Market Animal Disease Protection Regulation Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you want to export animals or products commercially to other EU countries, you need a permit.

If you are commercial

  • monkeys and half-apes,
  • productive and breeding poultry (including day-old chicks) in consignments of more than 19 animals, excluding poultry for the rearrangement of wild game,
  • hatching eggs in consignments of more than 19 pieces,
  • seeds of cattle, pigs, horses, sheep and goats,
  • embryos and ova of bovine, equine, porcine, ovine and caprine animals, and
  • Manure of hoofed animals, hoofed sows or poultry in processed condition and products derecation thereof

if you want to export to other EU countries, your company needs an official approval.

Prerequisite: Compliance with legal requirements is ensured.

Since different documents have to be submitted from case to case, it is recommended to contact the competent body in advance.

Applications for grant or authorisation under the Internal Market Animal Disease Protection Regulation may be addressed to the competent authority without any specific formal requirements. Applications can be submitted informally.


  • § 15 Internal Market Animal Disease Protection Ordinance (BmTierSSchV),
  • Regulation (EC) No 1774/2002 Health rules for animal by-products not intended for human consumption (in the case of export of manure).

Related Links

  • § 15 TiersSchV
  • Regulation (EC) No 1774/2002

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available