External trade certificates Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The Chamber of Industry and Commerce provides information on whether and, if so, which documents are required for the import of goods into third countries.

When importing goods into other countries, it is sometimes necessary that you have to present certifications and certificates with the commercial documents. These depend on country-specific characteristics and EC regulations. In some countries, goods must be accompanied by a certificate of origin and/or a certified commercial invoice and, if necessary, other certificates.

The Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) provides information on whether and, if so, which documents are required when importing goods into a third country.

Upon request, it shall issue certificates of origin, confirm trade documents for foreign trade and draw up other certificates for foreign trade. The Chamber of Industry and Commerce is also responsible for issuing the A.T.A carnet (customs pass booklet).

The conditions for issuing a certificate of origin or certificate are:

  • The registered office or residence of the applicant is located in the IHK district,
  • the document is used for export,
  • the formal requirements are fulfilled (completeness of the application data, possibly compulsory form),
  • the intended use harmonises with the import regulations of the country or the requirements of the business partner and
  • the signatures of the company's authorized applicants are deposited with the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (signature list).
  • Furthermore, for each certificate, an additional copy of the documents remaining with the IHK must be submitted in the original.

The application can be made in person, by post or electronically - after prior establishment of the functionality. Required are:

  • the document to be certified,
  • Identity card
  • Extract from the register of trade, cooperatives or associations,
  • Extract from the Central Trade Register,
  • possibly proof of public status.

Applications and forms can be obtained from the responsible Chamber of Industry and Commerce.


Further information on foreign trade certificates can be found on the website of the IHK Schleswig-Holstein.

  • External trade certificates
  • §1 (3) act on the provisional regulation of the law of the Chambers of Industry and Commerce (IHKG),
  • Administrative Procedure Act (VwVfG),
  • § 415 Code of Civil Procedure (ZPO),
  • § 65 Beurkundungsgesetz (BeurkG),
  • Commission Regulation (EEC) No 2454/93 (Regulation (EEC) No 2454/93).

Related Links

  • § 1 IHKG
  • VwVfG
  • § 415 ZPO
  • § 65 BeurkG
  • Regulation (EEC) No 2454/93

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available