Speech therapist : Permission to use the job title

If you want to use the job title "Speech Therapist", you need a permit.

Anyone who wants to carry out an activity under the professional title "speech therapist" requires permission.


  • After three years of training, you have passed the state examination for speech therapists,
  • You are not guilty of any conduct which results in unreliability for the exercise of the profession,
  • They are suitable for practicing the profession from a health point of view and
  • You have the necessary knowledge of the German language to carry out your professional activities.


Comparable training qualifications obtained outside Germany can be recognised as equivalent in accordance with § 2 (2) LogopG.

If you have a corresponding, completed training outside Of Germany, you may (in accordance with EU law) work as a service provider temporarily and occasionally without permission in accordance with § 1 LogopG in Germany. They must notify the competent authority in advance.

Further information on health professions in Schleswig-Holstein can be found on the LAsD website.

  • Health professions in Schleswig-Holstein

§ 2 Act on the Profession of Speech Therapist (LogopG).

Related Links

  • § 2 LogopG

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Youth, Family and Senior Citizens

Last update or date of publication