Dietitian: Permission to use the job title

If you want to use the job title "Dietitian", you need a permit.

If you want to use the job title "Dietician", you need permission to do so.


  • You have passed the state examination for dieticians after the legally prescribed training,
  • You are not guilty of any conduct which results in unreliability for the exercise of the profession,
  • They are suitable for practicing the profession from a health point of view and
  • You have the necessary knowledge of the German language to carry out your professional activities.


Comparable training qualifications obtained outside Germany can be recognised as equivalent in accordance with § 2 (2) DiätAssG.

If you have a corresponding, completed training outside Germany, you may (in accordance with EU law) work as a service provider temporarily and occasionally without permission in accordance with § 1 DiätAssG in Germany. They must notify the competent authority in advance.

Further information on health professions in Schleswig-Holstein can be found on the website of the State Office for Social Services (LAsD).

  • LAsD - Health Professions in Schleswig-Holstein

§ 2 Act on the Profession of Dietician (Article 1 of the Act on the Profession of Dietician and amending various laws on access to other health professions) (Dietitians Act - DietAssG)

Related Links

  • § 2 DiätAssG

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Youth, Family and Senior Citizens

Last update or date of publication