Supervision: Full-time supervisor - Appointment

Anyone wishing to work as a professional supervisor must register with the supervisory authority.

If you would like to work as a professional carer, you must report to the local supervisory authority. In many care procedures, the local care authorities make recommendations to the care courts as to who should be appointed as a professional caregiver.

Before you can be appointed as a professional carer for the first time in the district of a guardianship court, you must submit a certificate of good conduct and information from the debtor register to the competent authority and explain the number and scope of the care you provide professionally. In some cases, proof of any professional training is also required. Some supervisory authorities also invite future professional caregivers to a personal interview.

  • Certificate of good conduct,
  • Information from the debtor register,
  • Communication on the number and extent of professional care.

As further documentation may be required, it is recommended that you contact the competent authority in advance in this regard.

§§ 1896, 1897 Civil Code (BGB).

Related Links

  • §§ 1896, 1897 BGB

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available