Professional driver: Recognition of training and further education positions
Anyone who wants to offer courses for accelerated initial qualification/further education as a provider of a training institution needs recognition as a training institution.
Anyone who carries out journeys by road or passenger transport for commercial purposes on public roads has the obligation to obtain initial qualifications and further training.
If you, as the sponsor of a training institution, would like to offer courses for accelerated initial qualification or further training, your company must be a recognised training centre. There are two different types of recognition: legal or regulatory.
The following training institutions are legally recognized and therefore do not have to apply for further recognition:
- Driving schools with a driving school licence of classes CE (truck) or DE (bus),
- Training companies that carry out vocational training in the training occupations "professional driver" or "specialist for driving" and are recognized for this by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) and
- Holder of a retraining to become a "professional driver" or "specialist in driving operation" with recognition of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
However, if your training institution does not belong to any of the above groups, you will need official recognition.
The following requirements apply:
- Professional aptitude of the institution,
- employing a sufficient number of qualified trainers (as a general rule, a trainer should not teach more than 36 people),
- Proof of suitable premises and teaching materials for both practical and theoretical training,
- where appropriate, proof of the personal good repute of the institution.
- training concept, including the curriculum and materials for trainers,
- all teaching materials used for training,
- proof of qualification of the trainers (e.g. copy of the instructor's certificate),
- List of all training rooms with indication of addresses, size (plan with indication of square meters required) and a short description,
- List how often the courses take place, how many people take part in them and how many trainers are to be used for them,
- Proof of which vehicles should be used for practical training.
You must submit a written request specifying each designated training room.
- § 7 (2) of the Act on the Initial Qualification and Further Training of Drivers of Certain Motor Vehicles for the Carriage of Goods by Road or Passenger (Berufskraftfahrer-Qualifikationsgesetz - BKrFQG),
- Ordinance on the Implementation of the Professional Driver Qualification Act (Berufskraftfahrer-Qualifikations-Verordnung - BKrFQV),
- Scale of charges for road transport measures (RFees).
§ 7 BKrFQG
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available