Structural Analysis: Test Engineer - Recognition

Only those who have been recognised by the Ministry of the Interior, Rural Areas, Integration and Equality of the State of Schleswig-Holstein may call themselves "test engineers".

Test engineer for stability is who is recognized as such by the highest building supervisory authority. Other persons may not use this designation.

In order to be recognized as a test engineer for stability in Schleswig-Holstein, the applicant must undergo an extensive examination of his knowledge and skills.


  • Successful completion of the study of civil engineering at a university,
  • Completion of the age of 35, but the age of 60 has not yet passed,
  • Ability to hold public office,
  • Registered office in Schleswig-Holstein,
  • Mastery of the German language, spoken and written,
  • Proof of at least 10 years of activity as an installer or inspector of stability certificates, technical construction manager or comparable activity, but at least 5 years of activity as an installer and 1 year of activity as a technical construction manager. The technical construction management can be credited with a maximum of 3 years of activity.
  • At least 2 years of independent (i.e. self-employed) activity as a structural engineer or activity as a full-time university lecturer (professor).

Furthermore, you must prove that you have worked on construction projects of at least average or higher difficulty.

The recognition of a test engineer for stability takes place for one or more of the disciplines

  • Solid construction,
  • Metal construction and
  • Wood construction.

For applicants who have already been recognized as a test engineer for stability in another federal state, a separate, simplified procedure applies.

The application must be submitted informally. The application shall be accompanied by the evidence necessary for recognition, in particular:

  • the birth certificate or certified copy or certified photocopy,
  • a curriculum vitae with a complete indication of the professional career up to the time of application,
  • a certified copy or certified photocopy of the diplomas and employment certificates,
  • proof of the application for a certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority, which should not be older than three months,
  • information on the place of business or any secondary establishments,
  • information on any participation in a company whose purpose is the planning or implementation of construction projects,
  • proof of compliance with the special requirements for recognition in the respective subject areas and, if provided, specialisations, and
  • Information on whether and how often the applicant has already unsuccessfully undergone a corresponding recognition procedure- even in another country.

The recognising body may, if necessary, request further documents. Detailed information on this can be obtained from the competent authority.


There is no legal entitlement to recognition. Recognition does not give rise to any entitlement to the award of test contracts.

The activity as a test engineer for stability is only permitted within the scope of a commission by the responsible building supervisory authority. Test engineers for stability are subject to the technical supervision of the highest building supervisory authority.

  • State Ordinance on Test Engineers for Structural Analysis and Test Experts (PPVO)
  • State Ordinance on Administrative Fees in Matters of Building Supervision (Baugeb├╝hrenverordnung - BauGebVO)

Related Links

  • PPVO
  • BauGebVO

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available