Senior Caregiver: Permission to use the job title
If you want to use the job title "Geriatric Nurse", you need a permit.
If you want to use the job title "geriatric nurse" or "geriatric nurse", you need permission to do so.
- Written request,
- Certificate of state examination in certified copy,
- medical certificate,
- Certificate of good conduct,
- birth or marriage certificate and
- a certificate from which the current name is visible.
- After the legally prescribed training, they have passed the state examination for geriatric nurses.
- You are not guilty of any conduct that results in unreliability for the exercise of the profession.
- From a health point of view, they are suitable for practising the profession.
- You have the necessary knowledge of the German language to carry out your professional activities.
Comparable training qualifications obtained outside Germany can be recognised as equivalent in accordance with § 2 (3) AltPflG.
If you have a corresponding, completed training outside Germany, you may (in accordance with EU law) work as a service provider temporarily and occasionally without permission in accordance with § 1 AltPflG in Germany. They must notify the competent authority in advance.
Further information can be found on the website of the State Office for Social Services.
Health professions in Schleswig-Holstein
- § 2 Act on the Professions in The Care of the Elderly (Altenpflegegesetz - AltPflG),
- § 1 Act on the Implementation of the Elderly Care Act and on Training in Geriatric Care Assistance (APAG SH),
- Landesverordnung über Verwaltungsgebühren (Allgemeiner Gebührentarif) (Tarifstelle 9.6.1) - VwGebV SH.
§ 1 APAG SH
Responsible for the content
Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Youth, Family and Senior Citizens
Last update or date of publication