Arms trade: permission to trade firearms and ammunition Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Anyone who trades firearms and ammunition commercially or independently within the framework of an economic enterprise requires an arms trade permit.

For the commercial or independent trade in firearms and ammunition within the framework of an economic enterprise, you need an arms trading permit.


  • You have the necessary reliability and personal suitability.
  • They prove the required expertise.

The permit may be limited to certain types of firearms and ammunition.

  • identity card or passport,
  • completed application form,
  • proof of reliability,
  • proof of personal suitability,
  • Proof of expertise,
  • Business registration.

If already available, you should also be able to prove the safe storage of weapons and ammunition by means of appropriate certificates or safety-related expert opinions.

As further documentation may be required, it is recommended that you contact the competent authority in advance in this regard.

Application forms can be obtained from your local weapons authority.


In the case of gunsmiths registered in the register of craftsmen, the weapons manufacturing permit includes the permit to trade arms.

  • § 21 Weapons Act (WaffG),
  • Landesverordnung über Verwaltungsgebühren, Allgemeiner Gebührentarif, Tarifstelle 25.2.2 (VwGebV).

Related Links

  • § 21 WaffG
  • VwGebV

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available