Veterinarian from EU Member State: temporary exercise of the profession as a service provider without a licence to practise' Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The temporary and occasional exercise of the profession as a veterinarian without a license to practice medicine from EU Member States must be notified.

The temporary and occasional exercise of the profession of veterinarian without a licence from EU Member States as a service provider must be notified to the competent authority.

When notifying, you must present the following certificates:

  • proof of nationality,
  • proof that you are legally established as a veterinarian in a Member State and that you are not prohibited from practising that profession, even temporarily, at the time of presentation of the certificate;
  • a certificate of professional qualification (veterinary diploma, certificate or other veterinary qualification).

The certificates must not be older than twelve months upon presentation. The documents may be addressed to the competent authority without any specific formal requirements.


Further information can also be found on the website of the state government of Schleswig-Holstein.

  • Veterinary - Veterinary professional law

Related Links

  • § 2 Abs. 3 Bundes-Tierärzteordnung (BTÄO)
  • § 11a Federal Veterinary Regulations (BTÄO)
  • Federal Veterinary Regulations (BTÄO)
  • ? State Ordinance on Administrative Fees in Veterinary Administration Matters (VetVwGebV SH 2020), subheading 3.1.7

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available