Master Craftsman's Examination
The passed master craftsman's examination entitles the holder to lead a master craftsman's title and is certified with the master craftsman's certificate.
The master craftsman's examination determines whether the examinee is qualified to practice a craft subject to approval and to conduct it independently as well as to properly train apprentices. The master craftsman's examination is also proof of the necessary theoretical and technical, business, commercial, legal and professional knowledge.
The master craftsman's examination is taken by a state examination authority (Master Craftsman's Examination Committee) established at the headquarters of the competent Chamber of Crafts. The passed master craftsman's examination entitles the holder to lead a master craftsman's title and is certified with the master craftsman's certificate.
The examination is divided into four independent parts of the examination:
- the examination of the masterful performance of the work customary in the respective craft (Part I),
- the examination of the required theoretical knowledge in the respective craft (Part II),
- the examination of the necessary business, commercial and legal knowledge (Part III) and
- the examination of the necessary vocational and work pedagogical knowledge (Part IV).
Possession of the letter of admission entitles the holder to register for examinations. The order in which the partial examinations are taken can be determined by the examinee. There is no time limit from the first to the fourth partial examination. Failed partial examinations can be repeated three times.
The prerequisite for admission to the master craftsman's examination is usually a successfully passed journeyman's examination in the trade in which the master craftsman's examination is to be taken. The exact admission guidelines are laid down in the Crafts Code (HwO).
The examination requirements for parts I and II of the master craftsman's examination are based on the respective examination regulations for the corresponding craft.
- §§ 45 et seq. Act on the Order of crafts (Handwerksordnung - HwO),
- Ordinance on the Admission and Examination Procedure for the Master Craftsman's Examination (Master Craftsman Examination Procedure Ordinance - MPVerfVO),
- Ordinance on the Master Craftsman's Examination in Parts III and IV in crafts and craft-like trades (Allgemeine Meisterprüfungsverordnung AMVO).
§§ 45 ff. HwO
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available