Journeyman's examination: Admission before the end of the training period
In exceptional cases, trainees can be admitted to the journeyman's examination before the end of the training period.
As a trainee (apprentice) in the skilled trades, you can be admitted to the journeyman's examination before the end of your training period after consulting the trainer and the vocational school, if your achievements justify this.
- Above-average grades on the last vocational school certificate issued,
- above-average grades on the intermediate examination certificate,
- above-average performance in the training company,
- all knowledge and skills can be imparted to you until the early date of the journeyman's examination,
- Attendance of the prescribed inter-company instruction courses,
- keeping the required report books/evidence of formal qualifications,
- the in-company training period of 18 months for training occupations with a three-year training period and of 24 months for training occupations with a three-and-a-half-year training period until the early examination is not undercut.
- last vocational school certificate/vocational school certificates issued,
- Intermediate examination certificate,
- Confirmation by the training company that the trainee has so far performed above average and that all knowledge and skills can be imparted to him/her until the early date of the final examination,
- written statement from the vocational school on the trainee's level of performance,
- Proof of participation in the prescribed inter-company instruction courses,
- prescribed report booklets/evidence of formal qualifications.
Apprentices must be released to take part in examinations. For the period of leave, the trainees will continue to be paid the training allowance.
People with disabilities should already point out their special concerns when registering for the final examination so that they can be taken into account when carrying out the final examination.
Trainees who have taken parental leave must not be disadvantaged when deciding on admission.
Further information on the journeyman's examination in the craft sector can be found on the website of the Lübeck Chamber of Crafts.
- § 37 Abs. 1 Gesetz zur Ordnung des Handwerks (Crafts Code - HwO),
- § 45 Abs. 1 Berufsbildungsgesetz (BBiG).
§ 37 HwO
§ 45 BBiG
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available