Request information from the register about the owners of a business of a craft trade without a licence or a craft-like trade
You may have a legitimate interest in obtaining information from the list of the owners of a business of a craft trade or a craft trade without a licence, which can be obtained from the competent Chamber of Crafts.
The register of the owners of a business of a craft or a craft-like trade without a licence is a register of all holders of a standing trade in which licence-free craft or craft-like trade activities are carried out. It is run by each Chamber of Commerce for its chamber of crafts district.
Information from the directory can be provided to you on request if you can prove a legitimate interest.
An individual information contains the following information about a company:
- Company details
- First and last name of the registered farmer/craftsman, or the legal representative or the manager or the personally liable partner responsible for the technical management of the business
- Type of registered craft
- Address of the commercial establishment.
If there is no legitimate interest of the data subject against it, the information will be made available to you. As a recipient of information, however, you may only use this data for the purpose you specified when submitting your application.
- Application for individual information from the craft register (according to § 6 Abs. 2 HwO)
In addition to the information requested, the application must also contain information on the establishment (address, name) for which information is requested and demonstrate the legitimate interest of the applicant.
- Identity document
Identity card or passport with confirmation of registration or residence permit or other comparable identity documents
Information on necessary documents can be obtained from the HWK.
- Forms: none, informally possible
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance when applying on site: no
- Legitimate interest
You may have a legitimate interest if you pursue an economic objective with the information, for example if you are a supplier who wants to know who is the owner of a craft business. As a private individual, you can also invoke the legitimate interest if you would like to know more about a company.
for online procedures, you need your new identity card or a comparable authentication option
§ 6 Abs. 2 Gesetz zur Ordnung des Handwerks (Crafts Code - HwO).
§ 6 paragraph 2 - 5 Crafts Code (HWO)
§ 19 Handwerksordnung (HWO)
- You submit an application to the competent Chamber of Crafts for information from the list of the owners of a business of a craft trade or a craft trade without authorisation. In your application, you name the company for which you would like to receive information and represent your legitimate interest.
- After examining the legitimate interest, the Chamber of Crafts provides the information.
- If there is no legitimate interest of the data subject against it, the information will be provided to you. However, you may only use this data for the purpose you provided when submitting the application.
Responsible for the content
Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises Berlin (SenWiEnBe)
Last update or date of publication