Driving instructor's licence: Certificate of competence from another EU country

Anyone who has acquired a driving instructor's license in other European countries can apply for a German driving license under simplified conditions.

If you, as an (EU) foreigner, have acquired a licence to train learner drivers in another European country, a corresponding German driving licence can be issued under simplified conditions.

If it is an entitlement to the temporary and occasional training of learner drivers, this restriction is entered as a supplement in the German driving licence.

  • The right acquired in another EU country to train learner drivers and
  • the documents listed in § 3a Fahrlehrergesetz (FahrlG).

The application must be made in writing.

  • §§ 2a, 3a, 5 Gesetz über das Fahrlehrerwesen (Fahrlehrergesetz - FahrlG),
  • Scale of charges for road transport measures (RFees).

Related Links

  • FahrlG
  • GebOSt

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available