Fixed shooting range - Apply for permission to operate Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
A permit is required to operate a stationary shooting range.
If you operate a fixed facility that serves the shooting sport or other shooting exercises with firearms, the testing of firearms or shooting with firearms for amusement (shooting range) or would like to change significantly in its nature or in the way in which it is used, you need a permit from the responsible weapons authority.
Shooting ranges in closed rooms do not require a permit for shooting exclusively for the purpose of testing firearms or ammunition by weapons or ammunition manufacturers, weapons or ammunition experts or by scientific institutions.
- Identity card or passport copy)
- Proof of competence
- Opinion of the local police station
- Proof of need, if applicable
- Proof of the existence of liability insurance for damage resulting from the operation of the shooting range in the amount of at least EUR 1,000,000.00 - lump sum for personal injury and property damage
- Proof of the existence of accident insurance for damage resulting from the operation of the shooting range to persons involved in the organization of the shooting operation in the amount of at least EUR 10,000.00 for death and EUR 100,000.00 for the event of disability
- Any necessary permits or orders in accordance with building or immission control regulations
- Acceptance by a publicly appointed shooting range expert
Permission may only be granted if the applicant
- the required reliability, and
- has personal aptitude and
- proof of insurance against liability as well as against accidents related to the operation of the shooting range.
- Building and immission control permit for the construction of the shooting range
- Expert opinion and acceptance by a shooting range expert
§ 27 paragraph 1 weapons law (WaffG)
§ 27a Weapons Act (WaffG)
§ 1 State Ordinance on the Transfer of Tasks of the Lower Building Supervisory Authority to Unofficial Municipalities and Offices (8th VO-LBO)
Responsible for the content
Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, for Sport and Integration
Last update or date of publication