Legal services based on special expertise: Pension advice - Registration
Anyone wishing to carry out pension consultations must register and register in the legal services register.
Pension advice is an area of legal services. If you wish to provide pension advice in the following areas, you must register with the competent authority and register in the Legal Services Register :
- statutory pension and accident insurance,
- social compensation law,
- other social security and severely disabled persons law with reference to a statutory pension as well as occupational and occupational pensions.
They must be personally suitable and reliable. Important criteria for the required reliability are the past life (in particular any criminal offences) and the economic circumstances. Furthermore, you need proof of special expertise (theoretical and practical) in the corresponding areas of law. Professional indemnity insurance with a minimum sum insured of 250,000.00 euros for each insured event must be concluded.
Natural and legal persons as well as companies without legal personality can be registered. The application may be limited to one or more of the above-mentioned areas of law. Registration may be made subject to conditions or subject to conditions if this is necessary for the protection of legal seekers or legal transactions.
Registration is on request.
The application must contain proof of special competence (theoretical and practical) in the relevant areas of law. It must also contain:
- Summary of the vocational training course and the previous exercise of the profession,
- Certificate of good conduct pursuant to § 30 (5) of the Federal Central Register Act,
- Declaration of whether insolvency proceedings are pending or whether an entry in a list of debtors has taken place in the last three years before the application was filed (§ 26 para. 2 of the Insolvency Code, § 915 of the Code of Civil Procedure),
- a declaration as to whether registration or admission to the bar has been refused, withdrawn or revoked or whether an exclusion from the legal profession has taken place in the three years preceding the application and, if so, a copy of the decision,
- Proof of professional indemnity insurance.
Anyone who is legally established in another Member State of the European Union or in another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purpose of practising a profession related to the provision of legal services may, under certain conditions, exercise this profession temporarily and occasionally in Germany.
General information on courts and judicial authorities can also be found on the website of the state government of Schleswig-Holstein.
In cooperation with other institutions, the Bundesverband der Rentenberater e.V. offers specialist training courses for obtaining registration in accordance with the Legal Services Act.
Information on courts and judicial authorities
Bundesverband der Rentenberater e. V.
- §§ 5, 10, 12, 13, 15 Act on Extrajudicial Legal Services (Legal Services Act - RDG),
- §§ 4, 5 Act on Costs in Matters of Administration of Justice (Justice Administration Costs Act - JVKostG).
Legal Services Act - RDG
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available