Public appointment and swearing-in of samplers
With a public appointment as a sampler, you are available to courts, authorities, business and the general public as a particularly reliable, credible and experienced person.
As a sampler, you check the quality, quantity, weight or correct packaging of goods in the production and movement of goods. If you prove special competence, personal suitability and necessary independence, you can be publicly appointed and sworn in.
They thus submit to additional professional and objectivity obligations.
The purpose of the public appointment is to provide courts, authorities and the public with particularly competent and personally suitable experts whose statements are particularly credible.
With the public appointment, a special public-law quality seal for experts in Germany is awarded. There is no higher qualification in the field of expert work.
Administrations and courts should give priority to appointing these experts. However, they are also available to industry and private clients.
In addition to all chambers of industry and commerce, other professional chambers such as chambers of engineers, architects or agriculture and other state bodies are also entitled to public appointment in some federal states.
The contact details of the publicly appointed and sworn experts are published in uniform lists.
The term "publicly appointed and sworn in" is legally protected.
- Professional career
- Copies of certificates, training and further education certificates
- Professional and personal reverences
- Certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority
- Expert opinions and work samples
- List of expert opinions prepared by you on your requested subject area for the last two years
- Declaration of financial and economic independence
- Employer's declaration of leave of absence
Please ask the chamber responsible for you whether you need to submit further documents.
- Forms: none
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance necessary: yes
- Through training and further education as well as professional experience, you have acquired a competence that is well above average.
- You have also already provided expert services in your field for several years.
- They are mentally and physically able to meet the requirements of experts in their field.
- There must be no reason to doubt your independence and objectivity. They live in orderly economic conditions. They are impartial and independent.
- Further requirements arise from the expert regulations of the respective competent chamber and the appointment requirements of your subject area.
§ 36 paragraph 2 Of the Industrial Code (GewO)
The procedure is very complex and varies slightly depending on the subject area. It makes sense for you to seek personal advice from the competent chamber before submitting the application.
- The application form must be submitted in full and signed with all required attachments.
- You must apply for the certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority in accordance with § 30 Abs. 5 BZRG at your registration authority.
- The Board will require advance payments on fees and expenses.
- The IHK checks the documents submitted by you for completeness and compliance with the formal minimum requirements.
- In a personal interview, your personal suitability will be evaluated after evaluation of the submitted references. Where appropriate, other committees or bodies shall be involved.
The Chamber commissions independent experts to assess your expertise. For this purpose, the expert opinions and work samples to be submitted by you will be checked.
In addition, depending on the subject area, there is a written review and a technical discussion or a practical review.
- Taking into account the professional assessment, the IHK then makes a final decision.
Responsible for the content
Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce
Last update or date of publication