Catering establishment: Granting of a temporary permit / permit

If you want to start a restaurant for a short period of time (e.B. as part of a folk festival), you need a temporary permit.

Do you intend to start a restaurant (e.B.g. bar trolley, beer tent) at short notice during a special occasion (e.B. folk festival, music event)? A temporary restaurant permit (permit) makes this possible under facilitated conditions. However, the special occasion must not lie solely in the gastronomic activity itself.

This permit is only required for a restaurant that requires a permit. You do not need permission if you are exclusively

  • soft drinks,
  • free samples,
  • prepared food, or
  • in conjunction with an accommodation establishment Drinks and prepared food to house guests


Permission can only be granted for a locally determined body. For example, the place where your permitted beer tent is allowed to stand is specified in the permit. Regardless of the permission of the restaurant business, you usually need a permit for the installation of the tent / car and the like. If the event takes place in rooms, building regulations may have to be observed.

The competent authority decides on the necessary documents on a case-by-case basis.

The application forms must comply with the annex to the Restaurant Ordinance (GastVO).

electronic application for a temporary restaurant permit/permit (for application via the Single Contact Point Schleswig-Holstein)

  • § 12 Restaurant Act (GastG),
  • § 56 Abs.3 b Gewerbeordnung (GewO),
  • State Ordinance on the Implementation of the Restaurant Act (Gaststättenverordnung - GastVO),
  • Landesverordnung über Verwaltungsgebühren (Allgemeiner Gebührentarif) Subheading 11.4.8 - VwGebV.

Related Links

  • § 12 GastG
  • § 56 GewO
  • GastVO
  • VwGebV

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available