Environmental Verifier: Approval Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Anyone who demonstrates the necessary expertise and reliability and has undergone a special approval procedure can be approved as an environmental verifier.
The environmental verifier is granted the right by the Environmental Audit Act (UAG) to certify that organisations (industrial, service companies or other institutions) meet the requirements of the European Eco-Audit System (EMAS). In addition, depending on their areas of approval, environmental verifiers are also entitled to take action in the areas of end-of-life vehicle regulation, renewable energy sources act, electrical and electronic equipment act, waste disposal specialist ordinance, greenhouse gas emissions trading act, act to promote the circular economy and ensuring the environmentally compatible management of waste (Circular Economy Act - KrWG) and packaging ordinance.
To this end, environmental verifiers must go through a special approval procedure and demonstrate the necessary expertise and reliability.
Environmental verifiers are approved for one or more sectors. In these, they can create the certificates and certificates required by the legislator. The quality of the environmental verifiers is ensured by the legally regulated approval and supervisory procedure.
- Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2009 on the voluntary participation of organisations in a Community eco-management and audit scheme and repealing Regulation (EC) No 761/2001 and Commission Decisions 2001/681/EC and 2006/193/EC,
- Act implementing Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2009 on the voluntary participation of organisations in a Community eco-management and audit scheme and repealing Regulation (EC) No 761/2001, Commission Decisions 2001/681EC and 2006/193/EC (Environmental Audit Act - UAG),
- Ordinance on the Lending of the Licensing Authority in accordance with the Environmental Audit Act (UAG-Beleihungsverordnung - UAGBV),
- Ordinance on Fees and Expenses for Official Acts of the Licensing Authority and the Opposition Authority in the Implementation of the Environmental Audit Act (UAG-Gebührenverordnung - UAGGebV),
- Ordinance on the Procedure for the Approval of Environmental Verifiers and Environmental Verifier Organisations as well as for the Issuance of Certificates of Expertise in accordance with the Environmental Audit Act (UAG-Zulassungsverfahrensverordnung - UAGZVV),
- Ordinance on the Transfer of Responsibility for the Prosecution and Punishment of Certain Administrative Offences pursuant to § 37 (1) of the Environmental Audit Act to the Federal Office of Administration (UAGOWiZustV),
Directive of the Environmental Verifier Committee under the Environmental Audit Act for the review of environmental verifiers, environmental verifier organisations and holders of certificates of expertise in the context of supervision (UAG Supervisory Directive UAG Supervisory Authority),
Guideline of the Environmental Verifier Committee according to the Environmental Audit Act for the oral examination to determine the expertise of environmental verifiers and holders of specialist knowledge certificates (UAG Expertise Directive UAG-FkR),
Guideline of the Environmental Verifier Committee on the requirements for the inclusion of applicants in the list of examiners in accordance with the Environmental Audit Act (UAG-Prüferrichtlinie UAG-PrüfR),
Guideline of the Environmental Verifier Committee according to the Environmental Audit Act for the accreditation of certification bodies for environmental management systems and corresponding certification procedures (UAG Certification Procedures Directive UAG-ZertVfR).
Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009
UAG-AufsR + UAG-FkR + UAG-PrüfR + UAG-ZertVfR
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available