Insurance Advisor: Permission Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Anyone who wants to work commercially as an insurance consultant needs a permit.

The insurance consultation may only be carried out by an insurance consultant who has received a permit from the responsible Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK). A permit granted under the Legal Advisers Act does not entitle the person to be entered in the register of insurance intermediaries.

The permission may be limited in content and subject to conditions insofar as this is necessary for the protection of the general public or policyholders. Likewise, requirements can also be changed, supplemented and included retrospectively.

With the permission, the insurance consultant is entitled to provide legal advice to other persons in the agreement, amendment or examination of insurance contracts or in the exercise of claims in the event of an insured event and to represent them out of court vis-à-vis the insurance company.

Insurance consultants are independent and neutral advisors and representatives of their clients in all insurance matters and free from dependencies that affect their professional practice. Insurance consultants are not allowed to accept a commission from insurance companies.

  • §§ 34e Abs. 1, 36 Abs. 1 Gewerbeordnung (GewO),
  • Ordinance on Insurance Mediation and Advice (Insurance Mediation Ordinance - VersVermV).

Related Links

  • GewO
  • VersVermV

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available