Apply for the amendment of a Registration Certificate Part II

Changes to your personal data (except in the case of sole change of address) as well as certain technical changes to the vehicle can be entered in the registration certificate Part II (formerly vehicle registration document).

The holder data are also entered in the registration certificate Part II. Therefore, you have to enter e.B name changes there. Furthermore, you are obliged to indicate technical changes to the vehicle that change the EC vehicle category, engine capacity, rated power, fuel type or energy source.

  • Registration certificate Part I (formerly vehicle registration document),

  • Registration certificate Part II (formerly vehicle registration document),

  • in the case of companies, additional business registration or excerpt from the commercial register,

  • Identity card or passport with registration certificate from the residents' registration office or (for foreign citizens) foreign identity card and registration certificate from the residents' registration office.

If you instruct a third party to register the change, they will need a written power of attorney from you. In addition, he must present your identity document (in copy) to the licensing authority. He himself must have the identity document that applies to him with him in order to identify himself.

In addition, in case of technical changes:

  • where applicable, the opinion of an officially recognised expert for motor vehicle traffic or a technical service or a confirmation of acceptance by a test engineer from an officially recognised monitoring organisation,

  • where applicable, type approval of the parts manufacturer,

  • proof of the main inspection,

  • in the event of a change in the type of vehicle, a new electronic insurance confirmation is also required.

  • Written form required: Yes

  • Personal appearance necessary: No


In the event of technical changes, the necessary expert opinions must be submitted.

Related Links

  • § 12 Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV)
  • § 13 Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV)

After the change has occurred in your personal data or the technical details of the vehicle, you provide the data to be changed with the necessary documents to the competent authority. If necessary, a new registration certificate Part II will be handed over to you there.

Responsible for the content
Landesbetrieb Straßenbau und Verkehr SH

Last update or date of publication