Heating oil system Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you want to build and operate a heating oil system, you have to fulfill numerous obligations for the heating oil storage system.
If you decide to build and operate a heating oil system, the following obligations apply to the heating oil storage system:
- Self-monitoring: Regular maintenance and control of the heating oil storage system (i.e. in particular visual inspections for tightness and external damage to the tank, pipelines and other plant components, checking the accessibility, tightness and cleanliness of the dome shaft and the continuity of the ventilation line as well as functional control of the leak indicator, the limit value transmitter and the fire protection equipment). If the monitoring cannot be carried out or cannot be carried out completely by yourself, a specialist company must be commissioned.
- Only use of approved heating oil storage systems,
- obtain building permits for heating oil storage systems > 10 m³,
- Examination by experts in accordance with § 46 ordinance on plants for the handling of water-polluting substances (Plant Ordinance - AwSV) before commissioning: All underground and above-ground plants > 1 m³,
- periodic inspection at intervals of 5 years by experts in accordance with § 46 AwSV; all underground and above-ground facilities > 10 m³, in water protection areas at intervals of 2.5 years
Specific requirements in flood and flood risk areas
- The construction of new heating oil consumer systems in fixed and provisionally secured flood areas is prohibited according to § 78c Wasserhausgesetz. Existing systems must be retrofitted by the operator until 5 January 2023 in accordance with the generally accepted rules of technology in a flood-proof manner.
- The construction of new heating oil consumer plants in risk areas is prohibited if other less water-polluting energy sources are available at economically reasonable costs or if the plant cannot be built flood-proof A heating oil consumer system according to sentence 1 can be built as planned if the project is notified to the competent authority at least six weeks before construction with the complete documents and the authority within a r period of four weeks after receipt of the notification has neither prohibited the construction nor laid down requirements for flood-proof construction. Existing systems must be retrofitted by the operator in accordance with the generally accepted rules of technology in a flood-proof manner by 5 January 2033.
- If heating oil consumer systems are significantly changed before the retrofitting period, they must be retrofitted flood-proof at the time of change.
For the expert examination, the following must be submitted:
- certificates of approval issued by the manufacturer,
- any building permit granted,
- where applicable, the last test report of the expert.
Further information on the handling of heating oil can be found in the state portal "Agriculture and Environment Schleswig-Holstein".
Substances hazardous to water
Experts for the inspection of installations
- Act on the Order of the Water Balance (Water Resources Act - WHG),
- Ordinance on Plants for the Handling of Substances Hazardous to Water (Plant Ordinance - AwSV)
- §§ 13, 62 Abs. 1, 63 Abs. 1 Nr. 5b Landesbauordnung für das Land Schleswig-Holstein (LBO).
§§ 62 ff. LBO
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available