Population register information Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Anyone can obtain a reporting party information via their own or a third party on request.
Anyone can obtain information from
a third person
Population register informationThis is the simple population register information or the extended population register information.
Simple population register information:
If a person or a private body requests information about another person, the registration authority may only provide information about the following data of individual specific persons in accordance with § 44 paragraph 1 or § 49 of the Federal Registration Act (BMG):
- Doctoral degree and
- current addresses and,
- if the person is deceased, this fact.
The provision of a simple population register information in the written procedure according to § 44 paragraph 1 BMG is only permitted if
- the identity of the person about whom information is requested can be clearly established on the basis of the information provided in the request concerning the surname, the previous name, the first names, the date of birth, the gender or an address, and
the person or body requesting information declares not to use the data for purposes
- advertising, or
- of address trading,
unless the data subject has expressly consented to the transmission for this purpose.
The simple population register information can also be provided in an automated procedure in accordance with § 49 BMG. The information may be provided only if:
- the applicant has designated the data subject both by surname or previous name and at least one first name as well as by two other data stored on the basis of § 3 paragraph 1 BMG, with the exception of numbers 1 to 4, 7, 10 and 11, and
- the identity of the data subject has been clearly established by an automated comparison of the data provided in the application with the data of the data subject stored in the population register.
Extended population register information:
If a legitimate interest in providing information is credibly demonstrated, the registration authority may provide extended population register information on a person that additionally contains the following data:
- day and place of birth, in the case of birth abroad also the state,
- former first and last names,
- marital status (limited to whether or not married or in a civil partnership),
- former addresses,
- day of entry and exit,
- family and first names and address of legal representatives,
- first and last name and address of the spouse or partner,
- Date and place of death.
The registration authority must inform the data subject immediately of the provision of extended population register information, stating the data recipient; this does not apply if the data recipient has credibly demonstrated a legal interest, in particular for the assertion of legal claims.
In the case of extended population register information, the legitimate interest in providing information must be made credible.
- §§ 44 and 49 of the Federal Registration Act (BMG),
- Landesverordnung über Verwaltungsgebühren (Allgemeiner Gebührentarif) Subheading 5.1.2 - VwGebV.
§§ 44 ff. BMG
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available