Apartment: Deregistration Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Anyone who moves out of an apartment and does not move into a new apartment in Germany must deregister from the registration office within two weeks of moving out. A deregistration of your apartment is therefore only necessary if you move abroad or give up one of several apartments (secondary residence). A prior cancellation is possible at the earliest one week before moving out. The cooperation of the landlord is not required for deregistration. If an adjoining dwelling is to be deregistered, this must be notified to the registration authority responsible for the sole dwelling or the main residence (§21 paragraph 4 of the Federal Registration Act).

For deregistration, the identity card or passport (as proof of identity and to change the apartment details) or national passport or visa must be presented.

§ 17 Federal Registration Act (BMG).

Related Links

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available