Driving licence: Passenger transport Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

You need a driving licence for passenger transport if, for example, you want to transport passengers in a taxi, a rental car or an ambulance.

An additional permit (driving licence for passenger transport - FzF) is required by anyone who drives an ambulance if passengers are transported in the vehicle for a fee or on a business basis, or who drives a motor vehicle if passengers are transported in the vehicle and a permit under the Passenger Transport Act is required for this transport.
So if you transport passengers in a taxi, a rental car, an ambulance, a car in regular service or on commercial excursions or holiday destination trips, you need a driving license for passenger transport in addition to the general driving license.


  • driving licence required to drive the vehicle,
  • Minimum age: 21 years, (if the passenger licence is restricted to ambulances: 19 years),
  • Possession of a category B driving licence (or equivalent driving licence) for at least 2 years (if the passenger licence is restricted to ambulances: for at least one year or proof that you have held this licence for at least 2 years in the last 5 years).
  • Official photo ID (identity card, passport),
  • if a passport is presented, additional registration certificate from the residents' registration office responsible for the main residence,
  • Proof of possession of an EU/EEA driving licence,
  • Registration certificate,
  • proof that the requirements for vision are met,
  • Proof of physical and mental fitness as well as compliance with the "special requirements" according to Annex 5 No. 2 of the Driving Licence Ordinance (FeV),
  • Certificate of good conduct stating the intended use "Issue of the driving licence for the carriage of passengers".

If the passenger licence is to be valid for ambulances: proof of training in first aid.

Proof of the required local knowledge is required when issuing a permit for passenger transport for:

  • Taxes
  • Rental car (in places of the company with more than 50,000 inhabitants)
  • Ambulances (in places of the factory with more than 50,000 inhabitants)

The driving licence authority can also carry out the local knowledge test itself. Therefore, before submitting the application, inquire how the proof of local knowledge is to be provided to the driving licence authority responsible for you.


Information on driving licences and driving licence rights can also be found on the website of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Technology of the State of Schleswig-Holstein (MWAVT).

  • Driving licence and driving licence law, driving licence authorities
  • § 48, Annex 5, Annex 6 Ordinance on the Admission of Persons to Road Traffic (Driving Licence Ordinance - FeV),
  • Scale of charges for road transport measures (RFees).

Related Links

  • Fev
  • GebOSt

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available