Driving licence: Accompanied driving from 17 years Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Anyone who is 16 1/2 years old can start with the driver's license training under certain conditions.
Too little practical driving experience in real road traffic is one of the main causes of accidents among novice drivers. The aim of "Accompanying Driving from 17" (BF17) is therefore to let novice drivers gain as much practical driving experience as possible with an experienced "pilot" as a protective companion before driving alone begins at the age of 18.
As part of the model project, the driver's license training in the driving school can be started at 16 1/2 years. At the age of 17, the exams take place in theory and practice.
Requirements for applicants:
- normal residence in the Federal Republic of Germany,
- Consent of legal guardians.
Requirements for accompanying persons:
- The age of 30 is completed,
- possession of driving licence category B for at least five years,
- at the time of application, no more than 1 point is entered in the Central Traffic Register.
- identity card or passport,
- if applicable, confirmation of registration,
- current photograph: frontal image according to international standards (biometric photograph),
- Proof of training in first aid,
- eye test certificate,
- Application form for participation in Accompanied Driving from the 17th,
- Application form for each accompanying person,
- Declaration of consent of the legal guardians.
The application must be made in writing.
For the 18th birthday, the card driver's license does not need to be applied for specifically. This is done by the driver's license office.
- The examination certificate is valid for up to three months after the 18th birthday, after which it has expired. From the age of 18, it is also allowed to drive unaccompanied. If the examination certificate is not exchanged for the card driving licence during the three-month period, the young person will no longer have a valid driving licence. Anyone who then drives a car without a card driver's license commits an administrative offense.
Information on driving licences and driving licence rights can also be found on the website of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Transport, Labour, Technology and Tourism of the State of Schleswig-Holstein (MWVATT).
Driving licence and driving licence law
Accompanied driving from 17
- § 6e Road Traffic Act (StVG),
- § 48a Ordinance on the Admission of Persons to Road Traffic (Driving Licence Ordinance - FeV).
§ 6e StVG
§ 48 FeV
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available