Car: Rotes 07er (Oldtimer license plate) Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
For vehicles that were first registered at least 30 years ago, a red license plate can be applied for.
For vehicles that were first registered for traffic at least 30 years ago, a red license plate can be applied for. The day of the first admission is decisive.
For license plates issued up to 28 February 2007, the limitation of which expires before the vehicle in question is 30 years old, there is acquis protection in most federal states.
The red 07 license plate is an alternative to the H license plate and is particularly worthwhile when owning several vintage vehicles. With the issued certificate, the vehicles registered under the 07 number can be used as often as desired.
You may use this indicator only in the following cases:
- Participation in events that serve the presentation of vintage vehicles and the "care of the automotive cultural heritage", as well as for the arrivals and departures to such events.
- Test drives, test drives and transfer drives,
- Journeys for the purpose of maintenance and repair of the vehicles.
- first authorised at least 30 years ago,
- Expert opinion of an officially recognised expert or examiner for motor vehicle traffic or a test engineer of an officially recognised monitoring organisation in accordance with § 23 of the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO),
- largely in original condition and good condition of the vehicle,
- Reliability of the holder.
The requirements for obtaining a red classic car license plate may also be different in individual cases. Please check with the licensing authority responsible for you.
- Upon receipt of the application, it will be checked whether the applicant is personally reliable. For this purpose, the municipal or city administration responsible for the applicant as well as the competent police authority will be consulted. In addition, an extract from the driving aptitude register is required.
- The competent registration authority shall issue a vehicle registration booklet for several vehicles or a special vehicle registration document for each vehicle, even if only one red number plate is applied for. In the case of one license plate and several vehicles, only the use of one of these vehicles is permitted at a time. Any use of the number plate must be proven with a logbook for the respective vehicle.
Valid identity card or passport with current registration certificate,
or (in the case of foreign citizens) foreign identity card and registration certificate from the residents' registration office,
- Registration certificate Part II (vehicle registration documents) of the vehicles to be registered. If a Registration Certificate Part II is no longer available, a data sheet must be submitted to a technical inspection body and proof of ownership (purchase contract).
- List of vehicles for which a red number plate is requested,
- Expert opinion according to § 23 StVZO on the classification of the vehicle(s) as a classic car,
- Information from the Driving Aptitude and Federal Central Register (points index and certificate of good conduct),
- Insurance confirmation for red classic car license plates.
If you commission a third party with the admission, this requires a written power of attorney from you. In addition, he/she must present your identity card (in copy) and his/her own identity card at the Admissions Office.
Vehicles with this license plate are subject to a flat motor vehicle tax of currently 46.02 euros for motorcycles or 191.73 euros for all other vehicles.
- § 17 Ordinance on the Registration of Vehicles for Road Traffic (Vehicle Registration Ordinance - FZV),
- § 23 Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO),
- Scale of charges for road transport measures (RFees).
§ 17 FZV
§ 23 StVZO
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available