Arcade: Operating permit Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you want to operate an arcade commercially, you need a permit.

If you want to operate an arcade or a company that is exclusively or predominantly engaged in the installation of gaming equipment with the possibility of winning, the organization of other games with money win or the installation of entertainment gaming equipment without the possibility of winning, you need a permit.

  • Certificate of good conduct (document type 0),
  • Information from the Central Trade Register (document type 9),
  • Certificate in tax matters from the competent tax office,
  • Extract from the debtor register,
  • Certificate from the insolvency court,
  • social concept,
  • floor plan drawings for the operating rooms (for the commercial operation of an arcade) in the number required by the competent authorities, and
  • Site plans of the business premises in the number required by the competent authority.

In the event that the company is a GbR, the GbR contract must also be submitted.
In addition, an extract from the register of trade, cooperatives or associations must be submitted, if necessary.

Elektronischer Antrag auf Erteilung einer Erlaubnis zum Betrieb einer Spielhalle gemäß § 33i GewO (Antragsassistent des Einheitlichen Ansprechpartners Schleswig-Holstein)


Anyone who wants to operate an arcade in the "travel trade" requires according to § 60a GewO the permission for the respective place of the trade competent authority. Please note that this may entail different fees than those associated with the granting of a permit in the "standing trade".

For the installation of gambling machines, a permit according to § 33c Abs. 1 GewO is also required. Furthermore, a certificate of the suitability of the installation site according to § 33c Abs. 3 GewO is required for each installation location.

All information is provided subject to any necessary building law examination. Further information can be found in the service descriptions for building law ( building application ).

  • § 33i Gewerbeordnung (GewO),
  • Ordinance on Gaming Equipment and Other Games with the Possibility of Winning (Gaming Ordinance - SpielV),
  • Landesverordnung über Verwaltungsgebühren (Allgemeiner Gebührentarif) Tarifstelle 11.8.4 - VwGebV.

Related Links

  • § 33i GewO
  • GameV
  • VwGebV

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available