Driving licence: Extension of the licence for the carriage of passengers Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If the passenger licence has expired, it can be extended on request.

If your driving licence for passenger transport (taxi, rental car, possibly ambulance, passenger transport on regular services, on commercial excursions or holiday destination trips) expires, you can have it extended.

A personal appearance at the driver's license office is required. The driving licence office queries the points balance at the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA). Thereafter, the applicant shall be requested in writing to present the passenger transport ticket for registration of the extension.

  • Previous driving licence (driving licence),
  • medical certificate (must not be older than 1 year),
  • ophthalmological certificate/expert opinion (must not be older than 2 years),
  • Certificate of good conduct.


Information on driving licences and driving licence rights can also be found on the website of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Technology of the State of Schleswig-Holstein (MWAVT).

  • Driving licence and driving licence law, driving licence authorities
  • § 48, Annex 5, Annex 6 Ordinance on the Admission of Persons to Road Traffic (Driving Licence Ordinance - FeV),
  • Scale of charges for road transport measures (RFees).

Related Links

  • Fev
  • GebOSt

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available