Apply for funding for owner-occupied residential property

If you want to build, acquire or modernize a home/condominium, you can take advantage of housing subsidies if the prerequisites are met. The country in which you want to implement your project is responsible for social housing promotion.

By providing grants, your state can help you create or modernize a home or condominium. The apartment must be intended for use by you and your household members.

You do not have a legal claim to funding for your project.

Funding is provided:

  • the construction, including the initial acquisition of new homes/condominiums,
  • modernisation, including adaptation for the elderly and the disabled,
  • Acquisition of existing homes/condominiums.

The prerequisite for eligibility is that your income and the income of the household members do not exceed the income limits set in accordance with state law.

Funding is provided in accordance with the provisions of state law by granting non-repayable grants and/or low-interest loans.

Related Links

  • Housing Premium Act (WoPG)

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Energy, Infrastructure and Digitalization Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania

Last update or date of publication