Commercial passenger transport: permit Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The carriage of persons by motor vehicle, whether for a fee or on a commercial basis, is subject to authorisation.

Forms of occasional use of motor vehicles are:

  • traffic with taxis,
  • Excursions and holiday destination trips by car and bus (KOM),
  • Transport with rental cars and rental buses.

An authorisation may only be granted if the following conditions are met:

  • Safety and (economic/financial) performance of the company must be guaranteed,
  • the applicant or the person entrusted with the management of the business must be reliable and professionally qualified, and
  • the place of business/registered office of the establishment must be located in Germany.
  • extract from the register of commercial or cooperatives, if there is a corresponding entry,
  • Proof of the right of representation,
  • Certificate of good conduct and information from the central trade register (in the case of a company for the bodies authorised to represent such as the shareholders and the managing directors, in the case of a cooperative for the board, in the case of a community of heirs for the co-heirs, in the case of a minor for the legal representatives),
  • Proof of financial capacity by presenting clearance certificates from the tax office, the municipality, the social security institution and the employers' liability insurance association, the cut-off dates of which may not be more than three months ago at the time of application, as well as annual financial statements or capital certificates, if necessary with supplementary certificates, the reference dates of which may not be more than one year ago at the time of application,
  • proof of professional competence if the applicant carries out the occasional traffic himself,
  • Vehicle list,
  • possibly shareholders' agreement.

If a person is appointed to manage the business, the following must also be submitted:

  • proof of employment,
  • Certificate of good conduct,
  • Information from the Central Trade Register and
  • Proof of professional aptitude.

Application forms can be obtained from:

Omnibusverband Nord e.V.
Auguste-Victoria-Str. 14
D-24103 Kiel


You can apply for an exemption according to § 43 BOKraft with regard to the omission of a distance meter or an alarm system for rental cars at the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Technology of the State of Schleswig-Holstein.

  • Passenger Transport Act (PBefG),
  • Ordinance on Access to the Profession for Road Passenger Transport (PBZugV),
  • Land Ordinance on the Competent Authorities under Passenger Transport Law (Jurisdiction Ordinance (PBefR ZustVO),
  • § 43 Ordinance on the Operation of Motor Vehicles in Passenger Transport (BOKraft).

Related Links

  • PBefG
  • PBZugV
  • PBefR-ZustVO
  • § 43 BOKraft

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available