Motor vehicle: Type approval - Replacement

If the type approval document or registration certificate I for your vehicle has been lost, you must apply for a replacement.

If you have lost an operating permit document (type approval certificate or registration certificate Part I/vehicle registration certificate) for your vehicle or this document has been stolen, you will need a replacement.

  • Identity card or passport with confirmation of registration of the vehicle owner,
    or (in the case of foreign citizens) foreign identity card and registration certificate from the residents' registration office,
  • Power of attorney for representation and additionally identity card or passport of the representation,
  • if applicable, certificate from a police station reporting the theft of the document.


In some cases, an affidavit must be submitted. Further information can be obtained from the licensing authority.

  • ยงยง 3, 4 Ordinance on the Registration of Vehicles for Road Traffic (Vehicle Registration Ordinance - FZV),
  • Scale of charges for road transport measures (RFees).

Related Links

  • FZV
  • GebOSt

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available