Driving licence: Extension Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Information on what to do if a driving licence is to be extended.

You are already the holder of a driving licence and would like to extend it by another driving licence (class)?
In this case, you must proceed in the same way as the first driver's license.

Please note the following additions.

Your previous driver's license and:

  1. For all classes:
  • identity card or passport,
    If the identity card or passport has been lost, a registration certificate.
  • Current photograph: Frontal image according to international standards (biometric photograph).
  1. For class AM, A1, A2, A, B, BE, L and T in addition to 1.:
  • Proof of training in first aid,
  • Eye test certificate.
  1. For class C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D and DE in addition to 1.:
  • Proof of training in first aid,
  • certificate or certificate of vision,
  • Testimony or expert opinion on physical and mental fitness.
  1. For class D1, D1E, D and DE in addition to 1st and 3rd:
  • expert opinions on special requirements,
  • Certificate of good conduct.

You can find out more about this from your driving licence authority.


Further information on driving licences and driving licence rights can also be found on the website of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Technology of the State of Schleswig-Holstein (MWAVT) or at your driving school.

  • MWAVT - Driving Licence and Driving Licence Law
  • Ordinance on the Admission of Persons to Road Traffic (Driving Licence Ordinance - FeV),
  • Scale of charges for road transport measures (RFees).

Related Links

  • Fev
  • GebOSt

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available