Motor vehicle: Re-registration of a vehicle that has been decommissioned Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
A vehicle that has been decommissioned may be re-registered on request.
If a vehicle has been decommissioned (deregistered), it can be re-registered to the previous owner or a new owner.
You as the owner of the vehicle or a representative authorised by you in writing must submit an application for re-registration to the registration authority.
If an application form is necessary, you can obtain it in advance from the admission authority and fill it out at home. Depending on the offer of your admission authority, a download form or an online service is available via the Internet.
If you want a desired license plate, the registration or reservation, depending on the offer of the registration authority, can be made in person, in writing or by telephone as well as as an online service via the Internet before re-admission.
- Valid identity card or passport with registration certificate,
Proof of the right of disposal of the holder to be entered (unless this results from one of the following documents):
- old vehicle registration document or
- Registration certificate Part I (ZB I) or Part II (ZB II) or
- EC certificate of conformity (COC paper) and
- Purchase contract, if no ZB II (vehicle registration document) has been issued.
- E.g. I or, if applicable, deregistration certificate,
- Proof of a valid general inspection (e.g. by means of the deregistration certificate, the ZB I or the last report on the main inspection),
- electronic insurance confirmation,
- still existing license plates, if the license plate has been reserved for you,
- SEPA direct debit mandate (direct debit authorisation),
- if the ZB I is no longer available and the decommissioning was more than seven years ago, another proof of the technical data of the vehicle (EC certificate of conformity (COC paper), data confirmation from the manufacturer, certificate of an individual approval).
If none of these documents is available, the submission of an expert opinion of an officially recognized expert according to § 21 Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO) is required.
If the vehicle has been modified after decommissioning (deregistration), which are subject to acceptance (e.g. aluminium rims, spoilers, auxiliary heating), the vehicle must be tested by an official recognised expert (e.g. TÜV Nord) or a test engineer (TÜV Nord, DEKRA, GTÜ, KÜS, FSP, TÜV Hanse, TÜV Rheinland, TÜV Süd) before approval in accordance with § 19 para. 3 StVZO.
In the event of serious changes (change in the type of vehicle or the exhaust/noise behaviour, danger to road users), the vehicle must only be inspected by an official recognised expert in accordance with § 19 (2) StVZO. The certificate issued for the test/acceptance must be presented at the time of approval.
Additionally when applying
If you instruct a third party to re-register, they will need a written power of attorney from you; in addition, he must present your identity document (in copy) to the admissions office. He himself must have the identity document that applies to him with him in order to identify himself.
admission to minors:
the written declaration of consent of the legal guardian and the presentation of their identity cards.
for companies (GmbH, AG, OHG):
Extract from the commercial register (proof of address required), business registration (proof of address required), power of attorney of the managing director or personal appearance of the managing director.
Extract from the register of associations; Identity card and power of attorney of the designated representative(s).
for civil law company:
complete overview of the shareholders (usually submit a shareholders' agreement); Power of attorney and declaration on which natural person the admission is to be granted (confirmed by all shareholders by signature).
Online service - re-registration of a decommissioned vehicle
- § 14 para. 2 Ordinance on the Registration of Vehicles for Road Traffic (Vehicle Registration Ordinance - FZV),
- §§ 19, 21 Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO),
- Scale of charges for road transport measures (RFees).
§ 14 FZV
§§ 19 ff. StVZO
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available