War victim care

As an impaired person (so-called damaged), you will receive medical treatment on request for damage to health that has been recognized as a result of damage or caused by a recognized consequence of damage.

As a damaged person, you are entitled to medical treatment for recognised health disorders. If you are severely damaged, benefits will also be granted for non-dependent ailments if and insofar as they are not otherwise ensured (e.B. by membership in the statutory health insurance); under the same conditions, the family members and carers of the severely disabled as well as all surviving dependents may receive medical treatment .

The type and scope of benefits generally correspond to those of statutory health insurance.

The healing treatment includes

  • outpatient medical and dental treatment,
  • supply of medicines and dressings,
  • Supply of remedies including physiotherapy, exercise therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy, as well as spectacle lenses and contact lenses
  • supply of dentures,
  • treatment in a hospital (hospital treatment),
  • treatment in a rehabilitation facility,
  • home nursing,
  • supply of aids,
  • Stress testing and occupational therapy,
  • non-medical socio-paediatric services,
  • Psychotherapy as a medical and psychotherapeutic treatment and sociotherapy.
  • Application (informally possible)
  • Notice of recognition as a damaged or severely damaged person
  • Insurance card of the health insurance company
  • Certificate of damage consequences by the supply authority
  • informal application is possible
  • Forms can be requested from the competent authority under the respective state law or are already stored on the homepage.


  • Health disorders that have been recognized as a result of damage or caused by a recognized consequence of damage (causality)

Related Links

  • ยง 10 paragraph 1 Federal Supply Act (BVG)

Medical and medical treatment services are generally provided on request. The following benefits are provided directly by the competent pension office and must be applied for there:

  • Dentures
  • Aid
  • Exercise therapy
  • Speech therapy
  • Occupational therapy
  • Stress testing
  • Occupational therapy
  • bathing cures,
  • replacement services,
  • Disabled abdominal exercises,
  • Flat rate for clothing and laundry wear
  • All other services are provided by the health insurance fund for the supply administration.
  • If an eligible person is not a member of a health insurance company, they can contact a statutory health insurance company of their choice.

Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality

Last update or date of publication