Identity card issuance Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Your new identity card is ready for collection at the responsible identity card authority. You can pick him up in person or with a pick-up power of attorney on your behalf.
As a rule, you can pick up your identity card in person or through an authorised representative 5 days after receipt of the PIN letter with your personal identification number (PIN). The collection takes place at the identity card authority where the application was made. In addition to a transport PIN, the PIN letter contains an unlock number (PUK) and a lock password.
The letter will be sent directly to your registration address. If you do not have a registration address in Germany, the PIN letter can also be sent to the responsible identity card authority. If you have indicated that the PIN letter should be sent to the competent identity card authority, you will receive the PIN letter on the day of collection of the new identity card.
If you have not received a PIN letter, you can usually pick up your identity card about 4 weeks after application. In this case, a collection is only possible in person and not with power of attorney.
If a person is instructed to collect, they must identify themselves and present a written power of attorney for collection with the following declaration: "Received PIN letter from Bundesdruckerei".
To collect your child's identity card, you only need the power of attorney if the child is already 16 years of age or older.
- Your old identity card document
- In case of representation: Power of attorney to collect an identity card
- Forms: none, if necessary a notice of loss for the old identity card
- Written form required: no, if necessary pick-up power of attorney
- Personal appearance necessary: no, representation possible
The new identity card is ready for collection at the responsible identity card authority.
Identity Card Act (PAuswG)
Identity Card Ordinance (PAuswV)
General administrative regulation for the implementation of the Identity Card Act and the Identity Card Ordinance (PAuswVwV)
You can pick up your new identity card at the competent identity card authority:
- Before the identity card can be collected in person, Bundesdruckerei sends a cover letter (PIN letter) with a so-called transport PIN and a blocking password to the applicant's home address. In exceptional cases, the PIN letter can be sent to the identity card authority.
- As a rule, the identity card can be picked up 5 days after receipt of the PIN letter. If no PIN letter comes to the applicant, the identity card can be picked up about 4 weeks after applying for the identity card.
- To collect the identity card, you go to the identity card authority where you applied for the identity card.
- If necessary, book an appointment for this.
- Upon presentation of your old identity card, the new identity card will be handed over to you. If you want to keep the old identity card as a souvenir, the document can be handed back to you devalued.
- If you have lost your old identity card in the meantime, fill out a loss notice.
- Explain to the clerk whether you have received the PIN letter and confirm this with a signature.
- If the PIN letter has been sent to the identity card authority, it will be handed over to you and you will confirm receipt with a signature.
- You will be informed via the online ID function of the identity card by the clerk.
- You have the option of assigning a self-selected six-digit PIN and thus making the online ID function (online ID) immediately ready for use. You can also set the six-digit PIN yourself at any time with a suitable NFC-enabled smartphone as well as the PIN letter and the AusweisApp2.
- If you have not received the PIN letter and it has not been sent to the identity card authority, you must - if you want to receive the ID card - set a self-selected six-digit PIN and receive the blocking password from the official staff. Otherwise, a complaint order free of charge will be initiated.
- Finally, confirm receipt of the new identity card with your signature.
- An authorised person may be instructed to collect the collection. The latter must identify themselves and present a written power of attorney for collection with the following declaration: "Received PIN letter from Bundesdruckerei".
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication