Apply for an accelerated skilled worker procedure
If you as an employer would like to employ a specialist from a third country, you can apply for an accelerated skilled worker procedure under the power of attorney of the foreign specialist.
In order to shorten the entry procedure, you as an employer can apply for the accelerated skilled worker procedure under the power of attorney of your future worker. The accelerated skilled worker procedure is aimed at foreigners who wish to enter Germany for a specific purpose of residence (e.B. for the purpose of recognising foreign professional qualifications or exercising qualified employment as a specialist) as well as their accompanying family members if the entry takes place in a temporal context. The temporal connection is given if the entry of family members takes place no later than six months after the entry of the specialist.
The accelerated skilled worker procedure is a voluntary offer. By law, the regular entry procedure is still open to you and your specialist.
The implementation of the accelerated skilled worker procedure does not guarantee the issuance of a visa by the German mission abroad.
- Proof of the employer's authorization by the specialist and, if necessary, Proof of sub-authorisation
- Passport or passport replacement of the specialist
- Copy of the certificate of residence status of the specialist for current residence in another EU country
- Proof of adequate pension provision
- If applicable, the competent recognition body decides on the determination of the equivalence of the vocational training completed abroad (if available)
- If applicable, certificate assessment of the Central Office for Foreign Education on the comparability of the foreign university degree (if available)
- If applicable: Decision of the competent authority on the recognition of the foreign university degree for employment in a regulated profession (if available)
- If necessary: Professional practice permit or promise of the granting of a professional practice permit
If necessary, the competent immigration authority initiates the procedure for determining the equivalence of the professional qualification acquired abroad or for the assessment of the certificate of the foreign university degree. In order to carry out the procedure, the following evidence shall be provided:
- Proof of formal qualifications in the original language and in German translation as a copy
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form (in German) from the beginning of the relevant training: with the complete list of the completed training and further education courses as well as all gainful activities carried out
- If available: Proof of relevant professional experience in the original language and in German translation as a copy (e.B. job references, workbooks, reference letters)
- If available: other qualifications in the original language and in German translation as a copy (e.B. certificates and certificates of further education, courses, courses, language level)
- A declaration signed by the specialist in German that no application for a declaration of equivalence has yet been submitted in the Federal Republic of Germany
- If the name according to the passport differs from the name on the proof of formal qualifications: Proof of name change in the original language and in German translation as a copy.
If necessary, the competent immigration authority obtains the consent of the Federal Employment Agency after a positive conclusion of the procedure for determining the equivalence of the professional qualification acquired abroad. For the participation of the Federal Agency, a fully completed form signed by the employer "Declaration of employment relationship including additional form" must be submitted. (-see under "Further information")
In the event that family members wish to join within six months, appropriate evidence must be provided:
- Colour copies of the passports of all family members
- Powers of attorney of the family members (see under "Further information")
In the case of reunification of spouses/life partners, the following evidence must also be submitted:
- International marriage certificate as an officially certified copy or original or officially certified copy of the marriage certificate legalized by the German mission abroad or provided with apostille by the competent authority in the original language and in German translation as a simple copy
- If required: Certificate of German language skills at level A 1
In the case of children joining, the following documents must also be submitted:
- International birth certificate(s) as an officially certified copy(s), or
Original or officially certified copy(s) of the birth certificate(s) legalised by the German mission or consular post or apostille provided by the competent authority in the original language and in German translation as a simple copy(s)
- You can obtain forms specific to the immigration authority from your immigration office, if necessary these are also offered online.
- Online procedure occasionally possible
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: yes
- The foreign worker has a recognized and valid passport or passport replacement. In the case of family reunification, family members must also present valid passports.
- The foreign worker enters the country for a specific purpose of residence (for the purpose of vocational training, recognition of foreign professional qualifications, for the exercise of qualified employment as a skilled worker)
The procedure can also be applied for for other qualified employment purposes (e.B. for the purpose of research or to carry out employment as an IT specialist)
- There is an employment contract or concrete job offer (proof of the concrete job offer is provided by the "Declaration of employment relationship" see under "further information")
- No visa application has yet been submitted in the country of origin by the foreign worker. This also applies to spouses and children who wish to relocate to Germany together with the worker or later as part of family reunification.
- The foreign worker can secure their livelihood and health insurance coverage from income without using public benefits.
- The foreign worker has issued you with a power of attorney to carry out the accelerated skilled worker procedure. If family members of foreign workers also want to use the procedure, they must also issue a power of attorney.
In principle.B, you can also commission third parties (such as a law firm) to carry out the proceedings by means of sub-powers of attorney. Here, too, the specialist and their family members must authorise you.
You have concluded an agreement with the competent immigration authority to carry out the accelerated skilled worker procedure
§ 81a AufenthG
§ 81a AufenthG
- If you have any questions about the accelerated skilled worker procedure, please contact the local immigration authority and ask for a consultation. The Foreigners' Registration Office will advise you on the procedural steps and the necessary involvement of other bodies.
- The Foreigners' Registration Office is responsible at the place of the permanent establishment where you want to use your specialist, unless a central immigration authority has been set up in your federal state.
- In order to apply for the accelerated specialist procedure, you need a power of attorney from your future specialist. A sample power of attorney can be found under "further information"
- Depending on the foreigners' registration office and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out whether your immigration office offers the electronic application for a residence permit.
If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the Foreigners' Registration Office.
- In order to carry out the procedure, you conclude a corresponding agreement with the Foreigners' Registration Office which includes, among other things, your obligations as an employer, those of the specialist and the authorities involved (Foreigners' Registration Office, Federal Employment Agency, recognition offices, German diplomatic mission abroad). In addition, you will receive a description of the procedures, including the names of the parties involved, the evidence to be provided and the deadlines.When concluding the agreement, you have to pay the fees in the amount of 411 euros.
- If necessary, the Foreigners' Registration Office initiates the procedure for the recognition or equivalence test of foreign qualifications and sends the application and necessary documents to the competent authority. The competent authorities should decide on recognition within two months of receipt of the complete application documents. If documents are still missing, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you.
- If necessary, the Foreigners' Registration Office initiates the approval procedure of the Federal Employment Agency after a positive conclusion of the recognition procedure. If the Federal Employment Agency does not provide any feedback within one week, the consent is deemed to have been given.
- If all requirements are met, including the determination of equivalence or the existence of comparability of the professional qualification as well as the approval of the Federal Employment Agency, the Foreigners' Registration Office agrees to the issuance of the visa and hands it over to you for forwarding to the specialist abroad.
- The foreign specialist must present the preliminary approval at the diplomatic mission or consular post and thus receive an accelerated deadline for applying for the visa. This must take place within three weeks. After the visa application has been completed on the scheduled date, a decision on the application is usually made within three weeks.
- The procedure can also be applied to the family reunification of spouses and children, provided that the applications for this are made in a temporal context (i.e. within 6 months of the entry of the specialist).
Responsible for the content
Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs
of the State of Brandenburg
Last update or date of publication