Residence permit for the purpose of gainful employment Extension to pursue a self-employed activity Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you have obtained a temporary residence permit for the exercise of a self-employed activity, this can be extended under certain conditions.
You are in possession of a residence permit that has been granted to you for a limited period of time for the exercise of a self-employed activity. You can apply for an extension of the residence permit if the conditions required when it was first issued continue to be met. An extension of the residence permit is only possible if the maximum period of 3 years has not yet been exhausted.
- Valid National Pass
- Proof of health insurance
- Current profit calculation by the tax consultant
- Certificate in tax matters from the competent tax office
- 1 current biometric photo
- Please ask the immigration authority responsible for you whether further documents have to be submitted.
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance necessary: yes
The residence permit can only be extended if
- there is an economic interest or regional need for the activity, and
- the activity can be expected to have a positive impact on the economy, and
- the financing of the implementation is secured by equity or by a loan commitment.
Furthermore, the general conditions for granting a residence permit must be met. These are in particular:
- a secure livelihood
- a clarified identity
- Possession of a valid national passport.
§ 21 paragraph 1, paragraph 3, paragraph 4 sentence 1 act on the residence, gainful employment and integration of foreigners in the Federal territory (Residence Act AufenthG)
§ 8 paragraph 1 AufenthG
Act on the Residence, Employment and Integration of Foreigners in The Federal Territory (Residence Act - AufenthG) § 21 Self-employment
Act on the Residence, Employment and Integration of Foreigners in The Federal Territory (Residence Act - AufenthG) § 8 Extension of the residence permit
You can only apply for a residence permit in person at the immigration authority responsible for your place of residence.
- You submit the required documents in the original and pay the application fee.
- The Foreigners' Registration Office checks whether the conditions for grant are met.
- If necessary, the participation of other authorities takes place.
- If all requirements are met, the Foreigners' Registration Office will take your biometric data (photo, fingerprints) and order the electronic residence permit (eAT) from Bundesdruckerei GmbH.
- As soon as the eAT is completed, it will be handed over to you by the Foreigners' Registration Office.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication