Residence permit for the purpose of gainful employment Extension to look for a job after school or in-company vocational training Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
After successful completion of your training in Germany, your residence permit for job search can be extended directly afterwards for a no more than 12 months.
If you have successfully completed a school or in-company training in Germany, you can be granted a residence permit to look for a job.
The residence permit will be issued to you for a limited period of time directly after your previous training. An extension is possible if the maximum period of 12 months was not used at the time of the first grant. If you cannot find a job during this time, an extension is also excluded. You are then obliged to leave The Federal Territory.
This residence permit allows gainful employment without restriction.
- Valid National Pass
- Proof of secure livelihood (e.g. employment contract and payslips, bank statements, submission of a declaration of commitment by third parties)
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of qualification (certificate of completion, certificate or attestation of your training company or educational institution about the successful completion of an apprenticeship
- 1 current biometric photo
- Please ask the immigration authority responsible for you whether you need to submit further documents.
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance necessary: yes
You must already be in possession of a residence permit for the purpose of looking for a job after successfully completing school or in-company training in Germany, which has not yet exhausted the maximum period of 12 months.
In addition, you must meet the general conditions for obtaining a residence permit. These are in particular:
- a secure livelihood,
- a clarified identity,
- Possession of a valid national passport.
§ 20 paragraph 3 no. 3 and paragraph 4 sentence 2 of the Act on the Residence, Employment and Integration of Foreigners in The Federal Territory (Residence Act AufenthG)
§ 8 paragraph 1 AufenthG
Act on the Residence, Employment and Integration of Foreigners in The Federal Territory (Residence Act - AufenthG) § 20 Job Search for Skilled Workers
Act on the Residence, Employment and Integration of Foreigners in The Federal Territory (Residence Act - AufenthG) § 8 Extension of the residence permit
You can only apply for a residence permit in person at the immigration authority responsible for your place of residence.
- You submit the required documents in the original and pay the application fee.
- The Foreigners' Registration Office checks whether the conditions for grant are met.
- If all requirements are met, the Foreigners' Registration Office will take your biometric data (photo, fingerprints) and order the electronic residence permit (eAT) from Bundesdruckerei GmbH.
- As soon as the eAT is completed, it will be handed over to you by the Foreigners' Registration Office.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication