Residence permit for the purpose of gainful employment Extension for the purpose of employment independent of a qualification as a skilled worker Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
You can have your residence permit extended for the purpose of employment, regardless of your qualification as a specialist, before the end of its period of validity if you want to continue your employment in Germany.
The residence permit for the exercise of employment regardless of the qualification as a specialist is a temporary residence permit. You can apply for the extension of the residence permit if your employment is to continue beyond the period of validity of your residence permit.
Apply for the extension of your residence permit at least eight weeks before the expiry of the time limit at the immigration authority responsible for your place of residence.
The same conditions apply to the renewal of the residence permit as to the issue of the residence permit. In particular, you should be able to submit an employment contract or a concrete job offer.
If you were obliged to participate in an integration course when you first issued your residence permit, this will be taken into account when extending your residence permit. If you have not yet taken part in an integration course, the Foreigners' Registration Office may reject your application for an extension of the residence permit. If you have not yet completed the integration course, the residence permit will only be extended by one year until you successfully complete it or provide proof that your integration into social life has taken place elsewhere.
In the event of an extension, your residence permit will again be limited in time. The residence permit is extended for the duration of the employment contract.
The residence permit cannot be extended if this has already been ruled out when it was issued or last extended.
- Passport or passport replacement
- Residence permit
Proof of subsistence:
- Copy or original of the employment contract (to be submitted only in case of amendments)
- Proof of income from the last 3 months
- in the event of a change of employer: concrete job offer (please use the nationwide uniform form Declaration of
Employment Relationship)or employment contract
- Current biometric photo
- Current registration certificate
- Proof of your health insurance
- In case of obligation to participate in the integration course: certificate of successful participation in the integration course or other proof of integration efforts
Declaration of employment (uniformnationwide); further authority-specific forms can be obtained from your immigration office, if necessary these will also be offered online.
- Online procedure possible in isolated cases
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: yes
- You have a recognised and valid passport or passport substitute as well as a valid residence permit for the exercise of employment regardless of your qualification as a specialist in accordance with § 19c paragraph 1 of the Residence Act in the .m of the Employment Ordinance.
- The validity period of your residence permit will expire in the near future.
- There is no interest in expulsion against you.
- Your stay does not endanger or adversely affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- You can secure your livelihood and health insurance coverage from your income without using public benefits.
- You have a specific job offer or an employment contract with the same or another employer.
- The Federal Employment Agency has agreed to take up work (consent is usually obtained from the Foreigners' Registration Office if this is required).
§ 8 Abs. 1 i.V.m. § 19c Abs. 1 AufenthG
i. V .m. of the Employment Ordinance
The extension of your residence permit must be applied for at the immigration authority responsible for your place of residence.
- Depending on the foreigners' registration office and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out whether your immigration office offers the electronic application for a residence permit.
- If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the Foreigners' Registration Office.
- During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your proofs will be checked (please bring them with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the issuance of the electronic residence permit (eAT).
- In the event of an electronic application, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment for an interview at the Foreigners' Registration Office. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (please bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the issuance of the eAT card.
- If your application is granted, the Foreigners' Registration Office will arrange for the eAT card to be produced.
- After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up your eAT card at the Foreigners' Registration Office.
- Fees apply for the extension of the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication