Residence permit for the purpose of gainful employment Issuance of mobile ICT card

You can get a Mobiler ICT card if you come from a country outside the EU or EEA and want to work for more than 90 days in a German branch of a foreign company.

You can receive a Mobile ICT card if you are to work as a manager, specialist or trainee in a German branch of a foreign company.

The Federal Employment Agency must agree to the exercise of employment. In particular, the Federal Agency examines your work as a manager, specialist or trainee as well as your salary and working conditions.

The residence permit is issued for the duration of the intra-company transfer, but at least for 90 days. . However, the stay in Germany may not reach three years for managers/specialists and 1 year for trainees. At the same time, the planned stay in The Federal Territory may not be longer than the stay in the EU Member State that issued you the residence permit for the purpose of intra-company transfer.

  • Valid passport or passport replacement
  • Residence permit of another EU Member State for intra-company transfer
  • Current biometric photo
  • Proof of your qualifications (e.B. university certificate, certificate of completed vocational training)
  • Proof of professional experience (e.B. job references)
  • Employment contract or a letter of secondment, if necessary
  • Proof of livelihood security (e.B equity, proof of income, blocked account, declaration of commitment)
  • Proof of your health insurance
  • Current registration certificate

In individual cases, the Foreigners' Registration Office may require the submission of further documents.

  • Online procedure possible in isolated cases
  • Written form required
  • Personal knowledge required


  • You have a recognized and valid passport or passport replacement.
  • You hold a residence permit from another Member State valid for the duration of the application procedure for the purpose of intra-corporate transfer.
  • You are to be employed as a manager, specialist or trainee in Germany.
  • The company's internal transfer in Germany is expected to take more than 90 days.
  • You can present an employment contract valid for the duration of the transfer and, if necessary, a letter of secondment.
  • The Federal Employment Agency has agreed to the exercise of employment.
  • There is no interest in expulsion against you.
  • Their stay does not jeopardise or adversely affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
  • You can secure your livelihood and health insurance coverage from your own resources without using public services.

Related Links

  • ยง 19b Residence Act

The procedure is as follows:

  • Depending on the foreigners' registration office and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out whether your immigration office offers the electronic application.
  • If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the Foreigners' Registration Office. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your proofs will be checked (bring them with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the MobilerICT card.
  • In the event of an electronic application, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the Foreigners' Registration Office if necessary. During the appointment, your certificates will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the Mobile ICT card.
  • If your application is granted, the Foreigners' Registration Office will arrange for the mobilerICT card to be produced.
  • After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the MobilerICT card at the Immigration Office.
  • The mobile ICT card must always be picked up in person.

Alternatively, you can also send the application to the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees via the BSCW server ( The competent immigration authority will then decide on the application.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs of the State of Brandenburg

Last update or date of publication