Residence permit for the purpose of training Extension for the purpose of school-based vocational training Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
You can have your residence permit extended for the purpose of school-based vocational training before the end of its period of validity if you want to continue your school-based vocational training in Germany.
The residence permit for the purpose of school-based vocational training is a temporary residence permit. You can apply for the extension of the residence permit if your vocational training is to be continued beyond the period of validity of your residence permit.
Apply for the extension of your residence permit at least eight weeks before the expiry of the time limit at the immigration authority responsible for your place of residence.
The same conditions apply to the extension of the residence permit for the purpose of school-based vocational training as for the purpose of granting it.
In the event of an extension, your residence permit will again be limited in time. The residence permit for the purpose of school-based vocational training is extended for the duration of the training.
As a rule, the residence permit cannot be extended if this has already been ruled out when the residence permit was issued or last extended.
- Passport or passport replacement
- Existing residence permit
- Proof of subsistence (e.B. blocked account with a German bank or declaration of commitment)
- Proof of the training place
- Current biometric photo
- Proof of your health insurance
- Forms: You can obtain authority-specific forms from your immigration office, if necessary they are also offered online.
- Online procedure possible in isolated cases
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: yes
- You have a recognised and valid passport or passport substitute as well as a valid residence permit for the purpose of school-based vocational training in accordance with § 16a paragraph 2 of the Residence Act.
- The validity period of your residence permit will expire in the near future.
- There is no interest in expulsion against you.
- Your stay does not endanger or adversely affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Your livelihood is secured for the duration of your vocational training.
- You have a training place in Germany that leads to a state-recognised vocational qualification in accordance with federal or state regulations.
§ 8 Abs. 1 i.V.m. § 16a Abs. 2 AufenthG
The extension of your residence permit must be applied for at the immigration authority responsible for your place of residence.
- Depending on the foreigners' registration office and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out whether your immigration office offers the electronic application for a residence permit.
- If the application is only possible in person, please arrange an appointment with the Foreigners' Registration Office.
- During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your proofs will be checked (please bring them with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the issuance of the electronic residence permit (eAT).
- In the event of an electronic application, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to arrange an appointment at the Foreigners' Registration Office. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (please bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the issuance of the eAT card.
- If your application is granted, the Foreigners' Registration Office will arrange for the eAT card to be produced.
- After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up an eAT card at the Foreigners' Registration Office.
Fees apply for the extension of the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication