Residence permit for the purpose of training Granted to search for a training place in order to carry out qualified vocational training
They can obtain a residence permit to search for a training place in order to carry out qualified vocational training if they meet certain requirements for this purpose.
You can obtain a residence permit for the purpose of looking for a training place if you would like to complete qualified vocational training in Germany but have still found a training place.Qualified vocational training exists if it is vocational training in a state-recognised or comparably regulated training occupation that lasts at least two years.
The residence permit for the search for a training place in order to carry out qualified vocational training is a temporary residence permit. It can be granted for a maximum of up to six months.
- Valid passport
- Current biometric photo
- Visa, if required
- Proof of subsistence (e.B. declaration of commitment, blocked account with a bank, proof of the income of the parents or similar)
- Proof of your health insurance
- Proof of German language skills at level B2
- Proof of a corresponding school leaving certificate
- Forms: Forms can be obtained from your immigration office, if necessary they are also offered online
- Online procedure occasionally possible
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance necessary: yes
- You have a recognized and valid passport or passport substitute and - if necessary for entry - a suitable visa.
- There is no interest in expulsion against you.
- Your stay does not endanger or adversely affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- You have not yet reached the age of 25.
- You can have a school leaving certificate that entitles you to university access or a degree from a German school abroad.
- You can demonstrate German language skills at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Your livelihood is secured for the duration of your search for a training place.
§ 17 Abs. 1 AufenthG
The residence permit must be applied for at the immigration authority responsible for your place of residence. The procedure is as follows:
- Depending on the foreigners' registration office and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out whether your immigration office offers the electronic application for a residence permit.
- If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the Foreigners' Registration Office. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your proofs will be checked (bring them with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT card).
- In the event of an electronic application, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you upon receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the Foreigners' Registration Office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT card).
- If your application is granted, the Foreigners' Registration Office will arrange for the eAT card to be produced.
- After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT card at the Foreigners' Registration Office.
- The eAT card must always be collected in person.
- Fees apply for issuing the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority
Responsible for the content
Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs
of the State of Brandenburg
Last update or date of publication