Residence permit for the purpose of training Granted for general school attendance Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
You can obtain a residence permit to attend school if you meet certain requirements for this
As a rule, you can only obtain a residence permit for general school attendance from the 9th grade onwards. In exceptional cases, the residence permit can also be issued for attending a lower grade.
The residence permit for general school attendance is a temporary residence permit. It is granted for the duration of the school attendance.
During the stay to attend school, a change of purpose is usually only possible in the cases of entitlement to another residence permit.
- Valid passport
- Current biometric photo
- Visa, if required
- Proof of subsistence (e.B., blocked account at a bank, declaration by parents to secure their livelihood for the duration of school attendance including proof of income, submission of a declaration of commitment by third parties)
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of school attendance in Germany (e.B. by presenting a certificate of the school to be attended)
- If you have not yet reached the age of 18 - the consent of the person entitled to personal care for the planned stay in Germany.
- Forms: Forms can be obtained from your immigration office, if necessary they are also offered online
- Online procedure possible in isolated cases
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance necessary: yes
- You have a recognized and valid passport or passport substitute and, if necessary for entry - a sappropriated visa.
- There is no interest in expulsion against you.
- Attending school is the main purpose of your stay in Germany.
- Your stay does not endanger or adversely affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
The school to be attended in Germany is a
- public or state-approved schools with an international orientation, or
- a school that is not or not predominantly financed by public funds and prepares students for international degrees, degrees from other countries or state-recognized degrees
- In the school class, a composition of students of different nationalities is guaranteed.
The deviations are possible due to agreements between the Länder and public authorities in other countries on the attendance of domestic schools by foreign pupils.
- If you have not reached the age of 18: the persons entitled to personal custody have agreed to your stay in Germany.
- Your livelihood is secured for the entire duration of your school attendance in Germany.
§ 16f Abs. 2 AufenthG
§ 16f paragraph 2 Residence Act
The residence permit must be applied for at the immigration authority responsible for your place of residence. The procedure is as follows:
- If you have not yet reached the age of 18, you may not submit the application yourself. The application must be made by the legal representatives (usually by the parents with joint custody or one parent with sole custody.) or other persons who look after you in place of the legal representatives in Germany.
- Depending on the foreigners' registration office and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out whether your immigration office offers the electronic application for a residence permit.
- If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the Foreigners' Registration Office. You must be accompanied in the appointment by at least one legal representative or another person who looks after you in place of the legal representative in Germany if you have not yet reached the age of 18.
During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your proofs will be checked (bring them with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT).
- In the event of an electronic application, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the Foreigners' Registration Office if necessary. You must be accompanied in the appointment by at least one legal representative or another person who looks after you in place of the legal representative in Germany if you have not yet reached the age of 18.
During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them with you to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT).
If your application is granted, the Foreigners' Registration Office will arrange for the eAT to be produced.
After about six to eight weeks, the eAT can be picked up at the Foreigners' Registration Office.
Fees apply for issuing the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication